Helping children with special mobility and communications needs
We offer our services to the families of children with a range of disabilities, needs and health conditions. These conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy and associated sensory impairments
- Motor disorders (difficulty with movement), which include a range of related disabilities such as problems with swallowing, feeding, and speaking. Whilst we support children with Autism as a secondary condition, we are currently unable to support children whose primary impairment is Autism.
- Gross motor delay
- Global development delay
- Head injuries or strokes that have led to motor planning difficulties
- Genetic disorders, such as Down’s syndrome and muscular dystrophy, that result in delayed or impaired motor development.
- Rarer conditions such as Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Bohring Opitz Syndrome, rare genetic FKBP14, spinal muscular atrophy, Hydrocephalus, GA1 metabolic, UPD14 chromosome disorder, Nodular Heterotopia, IP36 deletion/Autism, Chromosome Disorder 3P 25deletion syndrome, Hypotonia/Nystagmus/GD …
We can also help children affected by many other conditions and disabilities. Please contact us to find out if we can help you or your child (if your child has Autism, Rainbows Parents and Carers Forum in Nottingham may be able to provide advice and support http://www.rainbowpcf.org.uk/).
The families we work with mostly live in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, or the wider East Midlands area.